I am thrilled to announce that Whispers from a Working Mom has received Liebster Award! Thank you to both Seriously Kate and For the Love of Kids for bestowing this honor on my blog.
The Liebster Award is given to new upcoming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and passed along to other bloggers who meet the same criteria.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
Now lets get started.
Eleven Random Facts:
- I LOVE Cheese on just about everything. For me a meal isn't complete without cheese.
- I know I need to wear Spanx and I do, but I wait until the last possible minute to put them on. For example, I will sit in my office all day and about 5 minutes before I leave for a meeting or event I will put my Spanx on then take them off immediately after my meeting is over.
- I have a box of shoes under my desk. It's not just a small box either. I'd say there are about 15 pair of shoes in there. I'm terrified to take them home because I know my husband will just get on my case about donating some of my shoes, but I seriously cannot part with them.
- Ever since I had my son I cannot stand eating meat or to touch raw meat. It makes me sick to my stomach.
- Our dog was born on the night my husband and I got engaged. That was probably the ONLY reason he agreed to getting a dog.
- I love trashy reality TV and I really miss watching Rock of Love on VH1.
- I love listening to books on tape on long car rides. I have been known to ignore phone calls in the middle of a car ride just so I can keep listening to my book.
- I have not stayed up until midnight on New Years Eve in years. Probably not since my husband and I dated. (I know I'm a party pooper)
- I prefer getting a french manicure on my toes to color. I feel like the french lasts longer and you cannot tell when it is chipped.
- I really want a minivan. I just bought a new car last year and I keep trying to convince my husband (his car is only going to last another year if we are lucky) to get a minivan, but he's soooo not into it.
- I really like trying new makeup products. I have been known to go a little overboard while shopping at Sephora / Ulta on makeup products that I only use a couple of times because I like the packaging.
Eleven Questions from Kate
1. What inspired you to begin blogging?
While I was on the road one day I felt like I had a story to tell to other working moms out there and so I thought the best way to do so would be through a blog.
2. If you had to watch the same movie over and over for a day, which would it be?
Lady and the Tramp
3. Do you prefer living in the city, the country, or somewhere in between?
I lived in the city in college and at this point I really like the suburbs.
4. If you could choose any profession, meaning you'd have the skillset required and money was not a deciding factor, what would you do?
I love the job I have right now, but I could also see myself teaching.
5. How is your driving? Are you aggressive behind the wheel or are you patient and generous? Have you gotten any speeding tickets???
Knock on wood, I'd say I'm a decent driver. I try not to be too aggressive, but catch me when I'm PMS'ing and that's a different story. I was pulled over twice for speeding, but let go with a minor fine (disobeying a traffic sign).
6. What life lesson do you find yourself having to learn over and over again?
I need to quit rushing things and wait for them to happen. Looking back I wish my teens / early twenties had gone slower.
7. Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?
8. Do you have a favorite Bible verse? If so, what is it?
Matthew 7:12 Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
9. Which do you prefer - physical books or e-books?
If you would have asked me this a year ago I would have told you physical books, but now e-books. I love that I can read at night and not wake anyone up with too much light.
10. What one thing do you absolutely not leave home without?
My son, purse, chap stick and a hairband.
11. What one thing scares you the most?
Losing someone I love.
Since I was nominated twice, here are Eleven Questions from For the Love of Kids
1. How do you define yourself as a person?
Loving, caring and get down to business attitude
2. Why do you blog?
See question 1 from Kate
3. What is your greatest pet peeve?
Cracking knuckles, neck ect..
4. What do you treasure most in your life?
5. What is your short term and long term goal?
To be a loving mother, wife and eventually grandmother
6. Who is your role model?
7. What is your favorite movie of all times and why?
Probably Lady and the Tramp
8. With which color in the rainbow, you identify yourself with and why?
Green. I think green is often an overlooked color, but it is also full of life and vibrance.
9. Do you like to socialize a lot and be in a wider world or are you comfortable with few friends/ no friends and a small world?
I enjoy my few friends and smaller circle. Sometimes I feel larger circles can cause a lot of idol gossip and drama.
10. What is your religion?
11. Define 'Love'
Wow, that's a toughie. I would say love is the feeling of unconditional affection to someone or something. The feeling you cannot survive without it and something you hold so near and dear to your heart being without it would break your spirit.
NOW here are the blogs I nominate:
Ruby Tiara Diaries
Tiny Feet Big Heart
Happy Kids Inc
Navigate this Life of Mine
Fear No More ... A Day in the Life Of...
Simply at Home Mom
Sand in my Toes
The Nardiello Family
And the questions:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite shampoo?
- Name a song that reminds you of high school?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- How do you relax?
- If you had an extra hour in the day what would you do?
- What is your all time favorite Christmas gift?
- If price weren't an option, what would your dream car be?
- What is your favorite book?
- When was the last time you did a shot of alcohol? With who?